This peach tomato crostini is the easiest summer appetizer!
Think crunchy crostini topped with juicy peaches and tomatoes along with the creamiest goat cheese.
Fresh, sweet peaches and ripe, juicy tomatoes is the summer flavor combination you never knew you needed!
If you love regular tomato bruschetta, you’ve got to try this peach and tomato combination; they are perfect compliments to eachother!
I am always up for a goat cheese appetizer, and knew I wanted to make a peach and tomato version. Whether it’s for an impromptu dinner or cocktail hour during the summer, a goat cheese crostini is always an easy appetizer that you can quickly whip up.
Garnished with fresh basil, you will not be able to get enough of this peach bruschetta recipe during the summer months. It’s a nice light appetizer that you’re friends and family are sure to love; it’s definitely one of my favorite appetizers!
Why you’ll love this summer appetizer recipe
Make this recipe with minimal fuss – you only need 7 simple ingredients to make this easy goat cheese appetizer!
It takes just 5 minutes to prepare the goat cheese with the peach and tomato mixture and 10 minutes to make the crostini, so it’s a perfect appetizer to make if you’ve got company over.
The juicy peaches pairs perfectly with ripe, fresh tomatoes, this truly is the perfect end of summer recipe to make!
I love serving this on homemade crostini made from baguette slices, but feel free to serve with crackers instead.
Ingredients Needed to make this easy peach tomato crostini
Goat Cheese: you can use cream cheese, whipped ricotta or even whipped feta in a pinch if you don’t have any goat cheese on hand!
Peaches: make sure to use a ripe fresh peaches for this peach tomato crostini!
Baby Tomatoes: You can also use grape or cherry tomatoes.
Basil: garnish the appetizer with some chopped fresh basil.
Baguette: I love serving this with crostini, so you’ll need a baguette if you want to make crostini too.
Honey: honey will really bring out the sweetness of the peaches! Alternatively you can amp up the flavor by using hot honey.
Step by Step Process to make this peach tomato crostini appetizer
Step 1: Spread the softened goat cheese in a low bowl or plate.
Step 2: Layer over your halved tomatoes and chopped fresh summer peaches. (Chop both the peaches and tomatoes into similar-sized small pieces).
Step 3: Drizzle over some honey and add a pinch of chili flakes and salt over the tomatoes and peaches. Finally, garnish with some basil.
Step 4: Serve on crostini and enjoy!
Expert Tips for making this peach and tomato crostini
Go the extra mile by making your own homemade crostini! Preheat your oven to 400°Fahrenheit and slice your baguette into 1-inch thick slices. Brush the slices with olive oil on one hand and place on a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 10 minutes, making sure to flip the slices halfway through. Alternatively you could use a sourdough baguette to make the crostini.
I recommend taking the goat cheese out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before making the recipe, this will help soften it and make it easier to spread on the plate.
No time to let the goat cheese soften? Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of milk and stir until creamy and spreadable.
Serve this peach tomato crostini with a peach whiskey smash cocktail!
If goat cheese isn’t for you, you can substitute with cream cheese.
How do I quickly ripen peaches?
This recipe is best made with ripe peaches, so if you need to quickly ripen them I recommend placing the peach in a brown paper bag in a warm part of your home for a day or so.
How can I make this recipe vegan?
Swap out the honey for maple syrup or agave syrup, and swap out the goat cheese for plant based cream cheese!
Can I make this appetizer ahead of time?
This recipe is best assembled on the day of making, though you could prep the crostini beforehand.
I don’t recommend storing this goat cheese bruschetta, it’s best enjoyed immediately after making.
More easy summer appetizer recipes to love from the blog:
Summer Peach and Tomato Crostini with Goat Cheese
- 250-300 g softened goat cheese (or sub cream cheese)
- 1 large ripe peach, chopped into half inch pieces (or 2 small peaches)
- 1 cup halved baby tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp liquid honey
- Pinch salt & chili flakes
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Crostini for serving
- To make your own crostini: Preheat your oven to 400°Fahrenheit and slice your baguette into 1-inch thick slices. Brush the slices with olive oil on one hand and place on a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast for 10 minutes, making sure to flip the slices halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- To a low bowl or plate, spread the softened goat cheese.
- Layer with the halved tomatoes and chopped peaches.
- Drizzle with the honey, add a pinch of chili flakes and salt over the tomatoes and peaches and then finish garnished with fresh basil.
- Serve with crostini.
- I recommend taking the goat cheese out of the fridge 10-15 minutes before making the recipe, this will help soften it and make it easier to spread on the plate.
- If you want to make this recipe vegan, swap out the honey for maple syrup or agave syrup, and swap out the goat cheese for plant based cream cheese!
- This recipe is best assembled on the day of making, though you could prep the crostini beforehand.