Lately we’ve been making recipes that ‘transport us’ somewhere else and this Tropical Rum Slushie is no exception!
Think blue skies, sunshine and the perfect, cool cocktail in your hand.
I really don’t need to say much more!
It’s looking like for the foreseeable future we’ll be staying pretty close to home. We’ve sadly had to cancel some vacations and the rest are pretty much up in the air. So, we’re making a conscious effort to enjoy recipes that take us somewhere else, even just for a minute.
The second I took a sip of this slushie I immediately felt like I was on vacation! So for this long weekend and the summer to come I’ll be making these slushies while we enjoy our backyard oasis.
How do you make this easy frozen alcoholic drink?
Fruit: Frozen mango and pineapple are truly tropical flavours to me. They go perfectly with the rum in this boozy slushie.
Lime: Lime juice adds just a bit of tartness and also makes a great garnish.
Rum: When I think of making a tropical drink, rum comes to mind as the spirit of choice. It just goes so well with the fruity flavours!
Honey, maple syrup or agave syrup: Use one of these sweeteners to help tone down the rum just a bit.
Blender & Ice: A blender to blend up this drink with a couple of ice cubes gets you that perfect slushie texture.
Tropical Rum Slushie
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
- juice of one lime
- 3/4 cup rum
- lime slices or mint to garnish
- Add frozen mango, frozen pineapple, maple syrup, lime juice and rum to a blender. Blend on high until everything is combined. Add in a couple ice cubes and blend to your desired slushie texture.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a bit of water & blend until desired consistency is reached. Garnish with lime or mint & enjoy!
- Stores well in the fridge for a couple of hours. When ready to serve, blend again with a couple more ice cubes to reach desired slushie consistency.
The best thing about this drink is it’s EASY to customize to your tastes! A couple other delicious fruit combinations you may want to try are:
- Strawberry & Mango
- Pineapple & Banana
- Mangos & Peaches
And, if making this without rum is your thing, you could try substituting with coconut water or coconut milk.
So, let’s sit back, relax and cheers with this Tropical Rum Slushie friends!
Until the next cooking adventure,