One of my favourite things to do to prep for the week ahead is make a batch of this Coconut & Almond Granola.
A blend of coconut, almonds, oats and cinnamon makes this granola absolutely delicious when baked in the oven.
It’s perfect with your favourite milk or yogurt for an easy breakfast during the week or even the weekend.
I love to meal-prep for the week ahead and even more so during the holiday season when we have visitors. This way I have an easy breakfast that is ready to serve to my guests.
This Coconut & Almond Granola is such a crowd pleaser, that I nicknamed it ‘giftable granola.’ I found these cute food gift tags that I knew would be perfect tied around a mason jar of granola for the holiday season!
Coconut & Almond Granola
- 1 1/4 cup large flake oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almonds, chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted measure solid then melt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
Optional: 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pre-heat oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure a cup of almonds and chop them roughly. Then stir the almonds with the remaining dry ingredients (oats, coconut, flax seed & cinnamon).
- Measure coconut oil (solid form) and then melt; to that add the honey and almond butter. Stir the wet ingredients and then pour over the dry, stirring with a fork until coated.
- Pour granola mixture onto the parchment paper, spread out evenly and pop in the oven.
- Bake at 325F for 10 minutes, stir the granola, then bake for 10 more minutes.
- Cook's Note: After 20 minutes it will more than likely be nice and golden. However, if its not quite golden yet, place back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes – just watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Once cooled, add in the coconut flakes (and optional dried cranberries) and mix. Then place in a container with a tight-fitting lid and store for up to a week.
My personal favourite way to gift this granola is a mason jar to keep the granola nice & fresh.
And, if you’re looking for the perfect breakfast, try my Cranberry-Pear Chia Seed Jam with this granola and yogurt; a match made in breakfast heaven!
Until the next cooking adventure,