I’m all about keeping décor super SIMPLE during the holiday season & using what you have already. So, whilst ‘trimming the tree’ this afternoon I came up with two centerpiece ideas for you to DIY at home this holiday season.
You can use these centrepieces for your holiday dinner table, on your mantle, as an accent during a cocktail party – for whatever your heart desires!
For the taller centrepiece you will need:
1/2 bag of cranberries
Couple of small branches from your Christmas tree
1. Cut a few small pieces from your Christmas tree, about double the size of the vase you have chosen
2. Fill the vase half-way with water
3. Add about half of the bag of cranberries
4. Gather the pieces from the tree together, and place in the middle of the cranberries in the vase, arranging as you see fit. The cranberries will help hold it in place.
1. Fill your low glass bowl about three-quarters full of water
2. Add in the cranberries
3. Place the 5 tealights in (try not to get the candle-wicks wet)
4. Arrange as you see fit
5. Light the candles when you sit down to the table and/or when guests arrive (depending on what you’re using the centrepiece for)
I’d love to see what you come up with. SHARE with us on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtags #cookinginmygenes & #12daysofholidaycheer
Until the next cooking adventure,