This Jalapeno Popper Dip takes just 5 minutes to make!
It has all of the punchy flavours of a jalapeno popper but much simpler to put together.
It’s delicious for any weekend appetizer or gameday!I love a simple dip that I can whip together for any type of entertaining, just like like my viral recipe for this Easy Goat Cheese & Fig Jam appetizer.
Why you’ll love this jalapeno popper dip
- It takes just 5 minutes to make!
- All of the ingredients are easy to find at the grocery store.
- It’s spicy, cream and cheesy – something for everyone’s tastes.
- You can serve it with anything from crackers to tortilla chips to crostini.
- It’s a delicious appetizer anytime of year – perfect for gameday, potlucks and summer gatherings.
This dip is layered so you get a bite of all of the creamy, cheesy and spicy flavours in every bite.
Ingredients needed to make this appetizer
Cream cheese: Softened / spreadable cream cheese works best for this recipe
Greek yogurt or sour cream: Use either one of these ingredients to help make the cream cheese layer super smooth.
Spices: Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper are mixed with the cream cheese to build the flavour.
Jalapenos: Fresh jalapenos are best for this recipe but you could try pickled jalapenos too.
Cheddar cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese adds another layer of flavour.
Chives: Fresh chives add a nice fresh flavour boost.
Toasted breadcrumbs: Added texture to top off this dip.
Step by step process for making this quick dip
Step 1: Mix together softened cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Step 2: Spread cream cheese mixture onto a plate or in a low bowl. Then sprinkle over half of the diced jalapeños, shredded cheese, the rest of the diced jalapeños, minced chives and toasted panko breadcrumbs.
Step 3: Enjoy with your favourite crackers, tortilla chips or crostini!
5-Minute Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 3/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 fresh jalapeños, diced (remove the ribs of the peppers if you prefer a milder flavour)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp minced chives
- 2 tbsp toasted Panko breadcrumbs
- Optional garnish: 1/4 cup cooked bacon
- Crackers, chips or crostini for serving
- Mix together softened cream cheese, plain Greek yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto a plate or in a low bowl. Then sprinkle over half of the diced jalapeños, shredded cheese, the rest of the diced jalapeños, minced chives and toasted panko breadcrumbs.
- Enjoy with your favourite crackers!
- To toast breadcrumbs, add to a frying pan on medium-low heat and toast for a few minutes.
- Substitute for fresh jalapenos, you can use pickled jalapenos if you'd prefer.
Can I use pickled jalapenos instead of fresh?
I love the freshness of fresh jalapenos but if you prefer the taste of pickled jalapenos you can definitely try substituting them.
What else can I serve to dip into this appetizer?
I love Ritz crackers with this dip but other delicious dipping options are tortilla chips, pretzel chips, ruffle chips or crostini.
Can I make this quick dip ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the entire dip and store in the fridge. Make sure to take out about 20-30 minutes before serving so that the cream cheese is easy to dip into.
Expert tips for making this quick jalapeno popper party dip
- Make sure to use softened cream cheese so it can be spread easily. To soften cream cheese quickly, remove the cream cheese from the cardboard packaging but leave in the sealed wrapper. Submerge the sealed cream cheese in a bowl of warm water and let sit 10-15 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes or so to allow for even softening. Alternatively you could use spreadable cream cheese.
- Easily substitute the shredded cheddar cheese with monteray jack cheese or try a mix of shredded cheddar cheese with mozzarella cheese.
- Want to make this dip for a bigger crowd? Simply double the recipe and layer it in a shallow baking dish to serve.
More party food ideas to love from the blog
Until the next cooking adventure,