Cheers to the cozy season with this Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail!
It’s truly the perfect bourbon cocktail for cooler nights.
Fall in love with this cocktail this season.
I absolutely love apple cider cocktails this time of year. And, paired with the warming nature of bourbon, it truly can’t be beat.
What you’ll love about this apple cider bourbon cocktail recipe
- Full of warming spices like cinnamon, ginger & nutmeg, it’s truly a taste of the season.
- Once the spiced simple syrup is made, this cocktail is extremely easy to make!
- It’s perfect for gatherings too! Multiply the recipe by how many people you have, stir in a pitcher (instead of shaking), pour into glasses and top each with prosecco just before serving.
What’s in an apple cider bourbon cocktail
Apple Cider: Fresh apple cider is the absolute best in this bourbon cocktail.
Bourbon: The notes of vanilla, oak and caramel pair beautifully with apple cider.
Spiced Simple Syrup: A simple syrup made with cinnamon, ginger, orange and cloves or nutmeg. This simple syrup is so easy to make; once you have a batch you’ll be all set to make this cocktail in no time.
Lemon or Orange Juice: Just a squeeze of juice from either a lemon or orange wedge.
Prosecco or champagne: Top this cocktail and make it sparkle and fizz with your choice of prosecco or champagne.
What kind of bourbon should I use
The bourbon you use will have a great deal to do with how this cocktail tastes. Bulleit is my personal favourite bourbon for an Old Fashioned. Some other favourite’s to try are Knob Creek or Four Roses. Whichever bourbon you choose, make sure you enjoy it in other drinks too.
Apple Cider Bourbon Fizz
For the Spiced Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon or 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 1 inch grated ginger
- 2 inch piece orange peel
- one large pinch ground cloves or ground nutmeg
For the Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- 2 oz apple cider
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- juice from a lemon or orange wedge
- 1/2 oz spiced simple syrup
- 1-2 oz prosecco or champagne
Spiced Simple Syrup
- Add all ingredients to a small pot. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and simmer 5 minutes to allow flavours to meld. Allow to totally cool before using. (If you want to use immediately, pour into a jar or cup and cool in the fridge).
- Remove cinnamon sticks and orange peel. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Apple Cider Bourbon Fizz
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar with a lid combine apple cider, bourbon, squeeze of orange or lemon juice and simple syrup.
- Add ice and shake. Strain into a glass, with ice if preferred and top with prosecco or champagne.
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks if desired.
The spiced simple syrup has a hint of sweetness mixed with warming spices like ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Mixed with the warmth of the bourbon and apple cider, you get a delightful sip that’s perfect for enjoying at home or during an evening with friends.
Can I make this into an apple cider mocktail?
Absolutely! Just omit the bourbon, add a bit more spiced simple syrup to suit your tastes and use sparkling water, sparkling cider or club soda to give it a fizz!
More Fall & Winter drinks to love from the blog:
Until the next cooking adventure,