It’s the season for gifting and I’m obsessed with this Cranberry-Pear Chia Seed Jam as a super simple gift idea!
Whether you need something to serve with a holiday breakfast or an easy hostess gift, this jam is simple to make and has the perfect seasonal flavours. The cranberries and orange zest give the jam a tart note and the pears and honey add sweetness.
Plus the chia seeds are somewhat magical and make this jam come together perfectly.
I have legitimately been eating this by the spoonful and using it as a topper to yogurt & granola, and baked brie cheese.
And, if you’re in the holiday spirit, use this as a new version of cranberry sauce with turkey!
Honestly, this Cranberry-Pear Chia Seed Jam is so versatile AND it freezes well too. So, you can make this ahead of time and just take it out when you need it.
Cranberry-Pear Chia Seed Jam
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen works
- 3 red anjou pears, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces leave the skin on the pears
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- zest from half an orange
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix together the water, cranberries, chopped pears, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once the mixture is bubbling and cranberries are starting to pop, turn to medium-low and stir in the chia seeds.
- Cook stirring frequently until desired texture, about 15-20 minutes. Let the mixture cool.
- Once cool, store the jam in your fridge for 1-1.5 weeks or freeze for future use.
This Cranberry-Pear Chia Seed Jam also makes a lovely gift! I was able to fill 4 small mason jars with the jam and then add these cute little gift tags. Just make sure to store the jam in the fridge until you’re ready to gift.
A couple of delicious uses for this jam include as a topping for brie cheese on a cheeseboard; pair it with my Coconut & Almond Granola and yogurt for a delicious breakfast; or, as a topping for french toast, pancakes or simply toast!
This Cranberry-Pear Chia Seed Jam is a recipe you are sure to be coming back to for years to come.
Until the next cooking adventure,