These waffle ice cream sandwiches are the perfect way to cool off this summer!
Make these treats with frozen waffles and your favourite ice cream.
They are so easy and fun to make for the season!
I absolutely adore an ice cream treat in the summer and these waffle ice cream sandwiches are the easiest by far!
Choose your favourite ice cream and toppings, then have fun creating delicious ice cream sandwich combinations:
How to make an easy ice cream sandwich
- Waffle, vanilla ice cream and sprinkles or white chocolate chips on the outside
- Waffle, chocolate ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate dipped on the outside
- Waffle, chocolate ice cream, Nutella and chocolate dipped or chocolate sprinkles on the outside
- Waffle, strawberry ice cream and shredded coconut on the outside
- Waffle, strawberry ice cream and white chocolate chips on the outside
Using buttermilk waffles for this recipe is a nice, neutral flavour to carry the ice cream flavours and toppings. However, you could get super creative and use other waffle flavours too like chocolate!
Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
These waffle ice cream sandwiches are made with frozen waffles so they are super easy to make! The perfect cool treat for the summer season.
- 2 frozen waffles
- 2-4 scoops ice cream, softened vanilla, chocolate or strawberry
Toast the frozen waffles. Spread with a bit of butter and cut the waffle in half. Spread any other fillings you are using (i.e. peanut butter, nutella).
Place two scoops of ice cream on half of the waffle, spreading evenly. Then top the ice cream with the other half of the waffle.
Optional: Garnish the outside with your favourite toppings.
*Vanilla ice cream and sprinkles or white chocolate chipes on the outside.
*Chocolate ice cream, peanut butter and chocolate dipped on the outside.
*Chocolate ice cream, nutella and chocolate dipped or chocolate sprinkles on the outside.
*Strawberry ice cream and shredded coconut on the outside.
*Strawberry ice cream and white chocolate chips on the outside.
Place waffle ice cream sandwiches in a parchment lined container or on a parchment lined cookie sheet in the freezer to firm up for at least 10-15 minutes before enjoying. Or leave in the freezer for at least 2 hours to fully set.
I cannot get enough of how simple these are to make and customize! If you’re a sprinkle fan like me you can absolutely cover each ice cream sandwich with sprinkles.
Other delicious ice cream sandwich flavour combinations
- Blackberry or raspberry ripple ice cream
- Pistachio ice cream then chocolate dip the waffle and sprinkle with chopped pistachios
- Chocolate waffles with strawberry or cookies n’ cream ice cream
There isn’t a better way to celebrate summer than this epic frozen treat.
More simple summer treats to love from the blog:
Strawberry Rhubarb Toasted Oat Sundaes
Grilled Peaches with Oat Crumble & Vanilla Ice Cream
Summer Fruit with Whipped Cream
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Until the next cooking adventure,
Leave a Reply