These Honey Butter Roasted Carrots and Radishes are destined to become a new favourite side dish!
I know what you’re thinking, roasted carrots of course but roasted radishes!??? And let me tell you, they are magical!
So, let’s dive in to a new way to eat carrots and radishes, a dish that’s sure to be enjoyed for many dinners to come.
Radishes are one of my favourite Springtime vegetables so I wanted to try to use them in a new way!
Roasting both vegetables together brings out their natural sweetness and the honey butter coats them for the perfect side dish bite.
Then, the carrots and radishes are topped with walnuts for a little crunch and a sprinkle of goat cheese to round out all of the flavours.
Seriously, these roasted carrots and radishes are my new favourite way to enjoy both vegetables!
Honey Butter Roasted Carrots and Radishes
- 1 lb carrots, peeled & cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb radishes, halved about 2 bunches
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the vegetables - peel and slice the carrots into 1 inch pieces and trim the greens off the radishes, then cut them in half. Put all the vegetables on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat and once melted, stir in the honey, thyme, salt and pepper until combined (about 15-30 seconds).
- Pour the honey-butter mixture onto the vegetables on the baking sheet and stir to get all of the vegetables coated.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 15 minutes, remove and toss, then cook 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the vegetables a bit more on the pan to pickup the honey butter mixture. Then, remove the vegetables to a serving dish and pour over any of the leftover honey-butter mixture from the pan.
- Top the vegetables with the walnuts and goat cheese and serve immediately.
I really love to roast vegetables because generally it brings out delicious flavours. Plus, roasting a large sheet pan of vegetables is perfect when you’re serving a lot of guests.
And, if you need to adjust anything due to dietary needs, you can replace the walnuts with almonds for example or even omit the goat cheese for a dairy-free version.
These Honey Butter Roasted Carrots and Radishes would be a lovely side dish to Easter dinner. They would also go well with a roasted chicken or beef dish too!
If you’re looking for other side dish inspiration, check out my Prosciutto Parmesan Brussels Sprouts.
Until the next cooking adventure,