One more recipe to celebrate summer produce and this kale & peach salad is perfect!
Simply made with 5 ingredients and an easy dressing, you can whip up this salad in no time.
Let’s enjoy one more dose of peaches before heading into the fall season. I knew I wanted to make one more summer salad because the peaches we’re enjoying are just too good! Pair with a delicious honey balsamic dressing for a serious salad winner.
This kale & peach salad is easy to make for lunch or pair with your favourite protein for dinner.
How to make this salad
Kale: Use chopped kale is the starting point for this salad.
Peaches: Fresh, chopped peaches are the start of this salad especially since they’re in season.
Feta Cheese: Crumbled feta adds a nice salty taste among the sweet peaches.
Red Onions: Thinly sliced red onion adds a bit of tanginess.
Pepitas (pumpkin seeds): Toasted pepitas add a nutty flavour and crunch.
Honey Balsamic Dressing: Honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper make the dressing and bring the salad together.
This recipe could not be any easier to make!
Kale & Peach Salad with Feta and Toasted Pepitas
- 5 cups packed chopped kale about 1 bunch kale
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- pinch ground pepper
- To make the toasted pepitas, add pepitas to a small frying pan and toast on medium-low for about 4-5 minutes until they start to brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together with a whisk or shake in a mason jar.
- To prepare the salad, remove the tough stems from the kale and tear or chop into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large salad bowl and pour half of the dressing over; mix together.
- Add the remaining ingredients of chopped peaches, thinly sliced red onion, toasted pepitas and feta cheese. Then, add the rest of the dressing and mix gently to combine. Serves 4 smaller salad or 2 larger portions.
- Keeps in the fridge well overnight to enjoy the next day.
The best part is this salad is super versatile so you can mix and match other ingredients that you have on hand if need be.
Helpful tips for making this salad
Switch up the fruit: If you don’t have peaches on hand, try nectarines. Nectarines have a similar taste profile as peaches.
Honey Substitute: If you don’t want to use honey, try making the dressing with maple syrup.
Try chopped nuts: Instead of the toasted pepitas try toasted almonds or walnuts.
More delicious salad recipes to try from the blog
Until the next cooking adventure,