When I think of the summer season I picture gathering in backyards with family and friends, sharing delicious food and enjoying each other’s company.
I love to entertain during the summer months and I like to keep recipes simple, using seasonal produce where possible and a delicious base like focaccia bread.
That is where COBS Bread comes into play; there is a location very close to my house (where I’ve certainly treated myself to their fresh-baked scones) and now they’re celebrating the release of their new Focaccia! So, I’ve partnered with COBS Bread to bring you a delicious and easy summer recipe which is perfect for entertaining using their Italian Herb Focaccia.
The Italian Herb Focaccia is hand-crafted and baked from scratch daily with aromatic herbs and more extra virgin olive oil than any of COBS Bread other loaves.
When I was creating this recipe I wanted it to be as straightforward as possible so you can whip-up it up quickly and then spend time with your guests enjoying this summery bite!
What I love about using the Italian Herb Focaccia is the delicate use of herbs in the bread including garlic, basil, oregano & marjoram which compliment all the other ingredients wonderfully.
The combination of peppery arugula with creamy mozzarella and prosciutto with the Italian Herb Focaccia is extremely satisfying. Then you top everything with a couple slices of grilled peach to add just a touch of sweetness; it’s truly an ultimate summer bite!
Here is how to make this Summer Focaccia Recipe:
Peach & Prosciutto Summer Focaccia
- 1 loaf COBS Bread Italian Focaccia
- 2 peaches, sliced into 12 pieces per peach
- 250 g soft mozzarella, divided into 12 pieces
- 3 cups arugula
- 6 slices prosciutto, cut in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat grill to 400F,
- Divide the mozzarella into 12 pieces.
- Cut the focaccia into 6 squares and then each square into half for a total of 12 pieces of focaccia.
- Slice each peach into 12 slices. When the grill is ready, drizzle the slices with extra virgin olive oil and then grill each side of the sliced peach for about 2 minutes, until nice grill marks appear. Then remove from the grill and set aside. Keep the grill on.
- Toast the focaccia for about 2 minutes on the grill, just on the inside part of the bread (not the crust side) and then remove from the grill.
- To assemble layer arugula, then a piece of mozzarella, a piece of prosciutto folded in half and top with 2 slices of grilled peach.
- Serve and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these delicious summer bites made with COBS Bread Italian Herb Focaccia! I think I’ve found my go-to entertaining appetizer for the summer and I hope you have too.
Until the next cooking adventure,