We LOVE to grill in the summertime so these Spicy Turkey Burgers with Dill Slaw have been on repeat!
My Mom has been making turkey burgers since I can remember so this recipe is inspired by her love of hot sauce AND spice.
Simple & delicious, these come together so easily which makes them a perfect option for any day of the week!
I love using ground turkey in burgers because it combines with other flavours so well and it’s easy to cook on the grill.
Made with ground turkey, hot sauce, creamy dill dressing, slaw and feta, this burger has all my favourite things. So, how do you make this spicy burger?
How to make a delicious turkey burger
Ground Turkey: Ground turkey is an easy-to-cook with protein which takes on flavour easily making it the perfect base for these burgers.
Bread Crumbs: Help to bind this burger together.
Hot Sauce: Adding hot sauce to the ground turkey adds moisture to the burgers PLUS all of that spicy flavour! Plus, drizzle a bit more on the burger before serving.
Spices: Dried oregano, salt and garlic balance out all of the flavours.
Green Onions: Milder flavour and combines nicely with all the other spices.
And let’s just for a minute discuss the Dill Slaw on these turkey burgers!? A mixture of greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, garlic & salt are combined with cabbage & carrots for the perfect cooling topping. You might just want to eat this by the fork-ful!
Let’s get grilling friends.
Spicy Turkey Burgers with Dill Slaw
Spicy Turkey Burgers
- 500 g lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup hot sauce plus more to drizzle
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs my favourite to use are panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- oil for grilling
- 4 burger buns, cut in half
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated
- crumbled feta
- hot sauce
- To make dill slaw, stir together greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and dill. Stir in the chopped cabbage and grated carrots and set in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To make burgers, combine ground turkey, hot sauce, coarse salt, dried oregano, minced garlic, breadcrumbs and green onions; mix gently with clean hands to combine.
- Use ½ cup to scoop out 4 portions. Use your hands to form into patties about 1 inch thick.
- Preheat grill to medium heat; oil the grill and then cook burgers for 5-7 minutes per side, until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Top burgers with more hot sauce, dill slaw and feta. Enjoy!
With each taste, you get a little heat from the hot sauce along with the creamy, dilly crunch from the slaw – it might just be the perfect burger bite!
These crave-worthy Spicy Turkey Burgers with Dill Slaw might just become your new fav summer meal too.
Want more delicious grilled-turkey recipes?! Check out my Lemon & Garlic Turkey Skewers!
Until the next cooking adventure,
Disclaimer: Thank you to Alberta Turkey for sponsoring this post. Thank you for supporting the brands that I support. All opinions are my own.