There’s nothing that says summer than bright, fresh fruits. And, one of my favourite ways to make those summer fruit flavours last is with these 3 Easy Summer Jam Recipes!
Strawberries, apricots and plums make amazingly delicious jam.
With the addition of only just a few ingredients and cooked on the stove-top, these summer jams are easy to make and freeze to enjoy in the future too!
You may have already tried my Easy Apricot Jam so the strawberry and plum jams follow a very similar recipe.
Using fresh, ripe fruit is key to making each of these jams to get all of the natural sweet flavours from each fruit without the addition of much sugar.
I like to use honey as a sweetener but you can also use maple syrup if you prefer.
Right now strawberries, apricots and plums are all in season so it’s the perfect time to make some Easy Summer Jam!
Easy Strawberry Jam
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Put all ingredients into a medium pot.
- Using a fork or potato-masher, crush the strawberries into smaller pieces.
- With the lid off, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, turn to medium-low heat and let the jam simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches a slightly thicker, jammy consistency.
- Take the pot off the heat and let cool completely. Keep in the fridge for up to 1.5 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
The Easy Strawberry Jam on toast with butter is one of my personal favourites; there’s just something about jam on toast that’s irresistible!
The Easy Plum Jam take a little more time because the skins of the plums are a bit thicker and take a bit more time to break down when cooking. But, the result is SO worth it!
You can enjoy these jams so many different ways:
- on toast with butter or ricotta
- with yogurt and granola
- make a simple ‘cheesecake’ by layering crushed graham crackers with mascarpone cheese and one of your favourite jams
- serve them on a cheeseboard
The best part!? You can freeze these summer jams for up to 2 months.
Until the next cooking adventure,