This Easy Plum Jam is another delicious take from my 3 Easy Summer Jam recipes!
By using super-ripe red plums you get a naturally sweet jam that you could literally just eat with a spoon.
It’s a versatile jam perfect on toast with ricotta or even on a cheeseboard.
It’s stone-fruit season so I’m enjoying plums any way I can! One of the best ways is to make an Easy Plum Jam because it’s just so versatile.
Plums, maple syrup, lemon juice and just a pinch of cardamom simmer together to make the most delicious jam. And everything is done right on the stove-top in under 30 minutes!
Easy Plum Jam
- 8 ripe, red plums
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- Pit and quarter plums.
- In a medium pot combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes until the plums break down and become a jammy-like consistency.
- Taste and add a touch more maple syrup if needed.
- Remove from the heat and let cool fully. The jam will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
- If a smoother consistency is preferred, pulse the jam in a blender a couple of times once cooled. Then store in the fridge for 1.5 weeks or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Depending on how ripe the plums are, you may need to add a touch more maple syrup to adjust to your tastes.
One of my favourite ways to enjoy this Easy Plum Jam is on toasted sourdough with creamy ricotta cheese.
But, you can also make this into a dessert! Use as a topper to vanilla ice cream or crush up some graham crackers, add some mascarpone cheese or greek yogurt and top with the Easy Plum Jam for a ‘cheesecake.’
So. Many. Options.
Just get creative friends!
Until the next cooking adventure,