Friends, this Hot Chocolate Bar is the perfect way to enjoy a cozy night in with family and friends!
You can get super creative by adding toppings and ingredients that work for you.
Make some hot chocolate, set out this toppings bar and get ready to enjoy!
To me, there’s nothing much more comforting than a hot cup of cocoa. I really want to make getting together with your loved ones much easier but still delicious!
That’s where the idea came for this hot chocolate bar. And this isn’t your average hot chocolate; it is DECADENT. That’s why I’ve included a variety of toppings and many that aren’t too sweet.
So, what kinds of toppings can you include when making this hot chocolate bar?
- This recipe includes toppings like toasted coconut, marshmallows, whipped cream, caramels, chocolate, cookies and raspberries!
- For Valentine’s Day you could dress the board up with cinnamon hearts, pink and red sprinkles or heart-shaped chocolates.
- Try topping whipped cream with peppermints or crushed candy canes for Christmas.
- For a cozy movie night-in, try toppings like caramel popcorn or crunched up plain potato chips for a salty-sweet vibe!
- Coffee-lover? Use a drop of peppermint extract and dusting of coffee grinds for a peppermint-mocha flavour.
Decadent Hot Chocolate Bar
Build your own hot chocolate bar with a variety of toppings and decadent hot chocolate recipe! Perfect to enjoy with family and friends for cozy nights in.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pinch kosher or sea salt
- toasted coconut
- chocolate shavings
- ginger or shortbread cookies
- white or dark chocolate chips
- dried cranberries
- whipped cream
In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and maple syrup over medium high heat until it starts to steam and bubbles form around the edges (be careful not to let the milk boil).
Remove from the heat and whisk in the cinnamon, chocolate chips and pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth.
Place back on low heat for about 3-5 more minutes, stir and then serve hot with your choice of toppings.
From Valentine’s Day to Christmas to just a cozy night in, you can adjust the toppings based on the season. Or, simply make up the hot chocolate bar according to your tastes.
You could also ask guests to bring over their favourite toppings, then you provide the hot chocolate; a group effort!
Some of my favourite topping combinations:
- Whipped cream, toasted coconut, crumbled ginger cookie
- Raspberries, toasted coconut, marshmallows & whipped cream
- Marshmallows, whipped cream, white chocolate chips & almonds
Make this on a wintery, weekend afternoon or evening, or just when you feel like a creative dessert.
And then share this with the people you love!
Until the next cooking adventure,