You knowwww I love a good cocktail so I want to celebrate warmer days ahead with this Lavender French 75!
A French 75 cocktail is just perfect to cheers with on any occasion.
But I’m shaking this classic cocktail up by using the gorgeous, hand-crafted Empress 1908 Gin and a few shakes of lavender bitters. So let’s cheers friends!
Empress 1908 Gin is made in beautiful British Columbia and provides the gorgeous hue to this cocktail. The gin’s subtle earthy notes complement the lavender bitters for a sip made for warmer weather.
Plus the gorgeous colour transforms from a vivid indigo blue to a more pink hue with the addition of the fresh lemon juice!
It’s really a gorgeous sip, inside and out!
What’s in a Lavender French 75 cocktail?
- Gin: Using a beautiful gin like Empress 1908 bring a beautiful hue to this cocktail!
- Simple Syrup: Can be easily made ahead of time and adds just a touch of sweetness.
- Lemon Juice: Complements the simple syrup.
- Lavender Bitters: Just a couple of dashes of lavender bitters to elevate this classic cocktail.
- Prosecco or Champagne: Makes this cocktail sparkle!
Lavender French 75
- 1 1/2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- 3/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 oz simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes lavender bitters
- prosecco or champagne to top off cocktail
- lemon peel twist
- To make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan combine ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- To make one cocktail: Shake gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and lavender bitters over ice. Strain into a coupe or flute. Top with prosecco & garnish with a lemon twist and/or lavender sprig.
I love the simplicity of this cocktail and there are so many occasions to enjoy it at:
And if you want to shake up a classic French 75 instead, simply omit the lavender bitters.
More cocktail recipes to love from the blog:
Until the next cooking adventure,
Disclaimer: Thank you to Empress 1908 Gin for sponsoring this recipe which originally appeared on Instagram. Thank you for supporting the brands that I support. All opinions are my own.