This one pot pasta is sure to become a new favourite in your home!
With some simple pantry items and fresh ingredients, you can have a flavourful pot of pasta ready for dinner in no time.
Make sharing a meal with family and friends super easy with this recipe!With the cooler temperatures and holiday season upon us, it’s time for an easy meal we can enjoy together.
I LOVE this one pot recipe so much because you spend less time in the kitchen; there are less dishes to do; and, you get a perfect dish to share around the table.
One of the best parts of this recipe is you don’t need to boil the linguine noodles separately! The pasta goes right into pot with all of the other ingredients to cook.
How to make this delicious one pot pasta recipe
- Prep your ingredients: Remove the sausage from the casing; open the can of tomatoes; and, chop garlic and fresh herbs.
- Get out one pot because that’s all you need!
- Get cooking and in just a few steps, all of the ingredients will be in the pot.
- All you need to do is a few more stirs while the pasta cooks and your pasta is ready!
One Pot Sausage and Tomato Pasta
This one pot pasta bursts with flavour from Italian sausage, tomatoes & fresh herbs. All you need is one pot to cook this delicious recipe!
- 3 spicy Italian sausage, meat removed from the casing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine substitute with beef or chicken stock or water if needed
- 28 oz can whole or diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups water
- 12 oz linguine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley & basil to garnish
In a 3.5 quart (or larger) braiser or high-sided pan, add a drizzle of olive oil & turn to med-high heat. Add sausage meat & cook until golden & cooked through about 10-12 minutes, using a spoon to break into smaller pieces.
Add minced garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in red wine and cook until mostly evaporated.
Add in tomatoes with their juices, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, stir together & use a spoon to break the tomatoes into smaller pieces if using whole tomatoes.
Add water & stir everything to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, turn to medium-high to keep at a strong simmer.
Add in dried pasta & fold gently into the sauce as the noodles slightly soften. The pot will be quite full; that’s ok.
Cover & cook for 5 minutes, then remove the lid & cook for 10-15 more minutes. Stir & turn the noodles so they don’t stick to the bottom of the pan, cooking until most of the liquid is absorbed with a bit of sauce left.
Stir in shredded parmesan cheese & let sit for a few minutes. Garnish with parsley & basil.
This recipe is wonderful during the week or make it a part of a full menu on the weekend.
What to serve with this one pot pasta meal
- Fresh bread: A fresh loaf of ciabatta or baguette with some butter
- A simple green salad: This kale & brussels sprouts salad would be delicious or try my simple green salad by mixing in some other seasonal vegetables.
- Red Wine: A medium-bodied wine like a Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon goes well with tomato-based dishes like this one pot pasta.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do here at home.
More one pot & one pan recipes to love from the blog
One Pan Baked Chicken with Tomatoes & Oregano
Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken
Quick White Beans with Tomatoes and Kale
Winter Oven Baked Risotto with Mushrooms & Kale
Until the next cooking adventure,
Leave a Reply