I’m all about making breakfast delicious AND easy for the week ahead so I created these Savoury Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Muffins that will do just the trick!
Filled with my favourite savoury ingredients like sweet potato, sage and spinach, the flavours complement the Turkey Breakfast Sausages perfectly to create a dish you’re sure to come back for.
I partnered with Lilydale Canada to bring you this delicious breakfast recipe that’s packed full of flavour and easy to make for the week ahead – certainly a dish worth celebrating!
Lilydale is celebrating 75 YEARS as a Canadian company. They originally started as an Alberta Farmers cooperative and today are Canada’s premier poultry provider. We eat a lot of chicken and turkey in our house and I like to know I can support our Canadian farmers by enjoying Lilydale products at home!
So with that in mind, I wanted to create a delicious dish with simple, seasonal flavours that you will keep coming back to. Plus, with the addition of Lilydale’s Turkey Breakfast Sausages, this recipe is really a match made in recipe heaven!
Making for a fun presentation, muffin tins are such a versatile piece of kitchen equipment and I especially love to use them for egg dishes. I find these Savoury Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Muffins appealing because it makes the dish instantly easy-to-handle for wherever your day takes you.
And with Autumn right around the corner, this combination of sweet potato, sage and Lilydale Turkey Breakfast Sausage will have you feeling all the fall feels. (And dare I say, this dish would be lovely for upcoming holidays too like Thanksgiving and Christmas breakfasts.)
Savoury Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Muffins
- 375 g package of Lilydale Turkey Breakfast Sausages
- 3 cups grated sweet potato about 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2 tbsp fresh sage minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- To serve: avocado arugula or hot sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- In a medium frying pan, cook the turkey breakfast sausage according to package directions, until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165F (74C).
- Grease your muffin tins well with a nonstick cooking spray and set aside and while the sausages are cooking prep the other ingredients (sweet potato, sage, spinach).
- Once the turkey breakfast sausages are done cooking, remove from the frying pan and wipe out most of the pan, leaving a little bit of oil in the pan (if there isn’t much oil in the pan, add a 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan).
- Turn the frying pan back on to medium heat and add in oil. Then, add in the shredded sweet potato, salt, pepper and sage, sautéing for about 5 minutes and stirring constantly until the sweet potato has softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach until combined.
- Chop the cooked turkey breakfast sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and stir into the sweet potato mixture.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and yogurt.
- Distribute the sweet potato-turkey breakfast sausage-sage mixture equally between each muffin cup. Then evenly pour egg mixture into each muffin cup and sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each muffin.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until eggs are set. Then let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
These Savoury Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Muffins are an excellent way to meal-prep for the week and pair beautifully with avocado and arugula.
Or, they are easy to make and are sure to please a breakfast or brunch crowd if you’re entertaining!
Whichever way you enjoy these Savoury Turkey Breakfast Sausage Egg Muffins, I hope you love them!
Want more inspo for cooking with Lilydale!? Check out their delicious, premium chicken and turkey products.
Until the next cooking adventure,