This is a bright, fresh and easy goat cheese dip for the holidays!
All you need is goat cheese (or cream cheese), strawberry jam, fresh basil and a pinch of pepper.
Whip up this festive appetizer in just 5 minutes when you have guests coming over!
Goat cheese and cream cheese are such versatile ingredients for appetizers; I love that you can add delicious jam flavours to them.
Like my super popular Easy Goat Cheese Appetizer with Fig Jam & Pecans recipe, this recipe is just divine for entertaining. If you have a larger group coming over simply double the recipe on one serving dish or make two plates – it’s totally up to you. You could even pair it with this Winter Cranberry Aperol Spritz!
Why you’ll love this goat cheese dip
- It takes only 5 minutes to make!
- You only need 5 ingredients to make this delicious appetizer.
- It’s a quick party food you can whip up when last minute guests come over!
Goat Cheese (or cream cheese): Use your choice of softened goat cheese or cream cheese if you prefer.
Honey: Honey is added to the cheese just to add a touch of sweetness.
Strawberry Jam: A perfect topping, strawberry jam with basil in the most divine sweet and savoury combination. If strawberry jam isn’t your favourite, you could try blueberry jam instead.
Fresh Basil: Adds a touch of freshness!
Ground Pepper: Don’t skip the pinch of ground pepper, it brings all of the flavours together and helps keep this appetizer on the more savoury side.
Step by Step process for this easy and quick goat cheese dip
Step 1: To a low bowl or plate, spread softened goat cheese (or cream cheese) mixed with honey.
Step 2: Next spread a layer of strawberry jam.
Step 3: Sprinkle over fresh basil and then a few pinches of ground black pepper.
Step 4: Serve with crackers or crostini.
Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Dip
- 250-300 g softened goat cheese or cream cheese
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- pinch ground pepper
- crostini or crackers for serving
- To a low bowl or plate, spread softened goat cheese (or cream cheese) mixed with honey.
- Next spread a layer of strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle over fresh basil and then a few pinches of ground black pepper.
- Serve with crackers or crostini.
- Want to make your own crostini? Preheat the oven to 400°Fahrenheit. Use a bread knife to slice a baguette into 1-inch thick slices. Brush the bread slices with olive oil on one side and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5 minutes until toasted.
- Want to try a different jam? Blueberry jam would also be delicious!
How can I make crostini?
Preheat the oven to 400°Fahrenheit. Use a bread knife to slice a baguette into 1-inch thick slices. Brush the bread slices with olive oil on one side and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and then flip and bake for another 5 minutes until toasted.
What else can I serve with this goat cheese dip?
I love having this appetizer with crackers or crostini, but you could also serve it as the centrepiece to a cheeseboard!
expert tips to make this strawberry basil goat cheese dip
- If you forget to take out the goat cheese (or cream cheese) to soften ahead of time, simply add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time and stir until softened. You may need a few tablespoons to get to a spreadable consistency.
- Don’t skip out on the pinch of ground pepper because it balances out the sweetness of the strawberry jam flavour just wonderfully.
- Make sure to use fresh basil (rather than dried), it makes a huge difference!
Keep the goat cheese with strawberry jam in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 1 day.
More holiday recipes to love from the blog
Until the next cooking adventure,