These zucchini breakfast cookies are the perfect way to start the day!
Whether you need a quick breakfast on the go or a delicious bite to enjoy with your coffee, this recipe is for you.
This breakfast cookie recipe is a great way to use all of the zucchini in season right now too.Have you grown a ton of zucchini in your garden or have a zucchini haul from the market?
These breakfast cookies are the perfect way to enjoy it.
When you enjoy these zucchini breakfast cookies:
- You’re getting a dose of veggies with the zucchini in the cookies!
- These cookies are naturally sweetened with maple syrup so they’re not too sweet for breakfast.
- Kids will love these cookies too!
- They’re easy to pack and take on the go for breakfast.
What’s in these zucchini breakfast cookies?
Zucchini: Shredded zucchini is one of the main ingredients to give these cookies a lovely texture.
Rolled Oats: Use rolled oats, old fashioned oats or large flake oats in this recipe for best results (don’t use quick oats).
Baking Soda: Makes sure these cookies have a bit of a rise to them.
All Purpose Flour: Brings all of the cookie dough elements together but you could also try whole wheat flour.
Shredded Coconut: Coconut goes so well with the shredded zucchini in these cookies.
Chopped Walnuts: Adds a tasty crunch to these cookies.
Avocado OR Coconut Oil: Healthy oil to bring the dough together.
Maple Syrup: Adds just a touch of sweetness.
Ground Cinnamon & Nutmeg: These warming spices complement the oat flavours.
If you love zucchini bread or muffins you’re sure to love these cookies!
And here are a few quick tips for baking with zucchini:
- Make sure to squeeze out as much excess liquid from the zucchini as possible before adding to the recipe.
- Measure the shredded zucchini after squeezing the liquid out.
- Use the large side of the grater to shred the zucchini if you can.
Zucchini Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie
Looking for a quick and tasty morning snack? This zucchini oatmeal breakfast cookie recipe is great for busy breakfasts on-the-go!
- 1 cup rolled oats rolled oats, old fashioned oats or large flake oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed shredded zucchini (important! squeeze excess water out of zucchini first and then measure)
Preheat oven to 375F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together maple syrup, avocado oil, vanilla extract and shredded zucchini in a bowl and set aside. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to combine. You’ll get a thick dough.
Scoop out 1/4 cup per cookie, forming into a bit of a ball and then flatten to about a 3/4 inch on the cookie sheet. Makes 10 cookies.
Bake 14-17 minutes until just golden brown on top. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days and in the fridge for 5 days. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Enjoy these zucchini breakfast cookies all week long! And here’s some tips on how to store them:
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freeze for up to 2 months.
More delicious breakfast recipes you’ll love:
Until the next cooking adventure,