Look no further than these Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies to cure all your chocolate cravings!
Make this recipe in one bowl and then bake in the oven in just under 12 minutes.
Super-fudgy and gooey on the inside, these cookies are truly a knockout!
I originally created this cookie recipe for Hello Someday Crossroads Red Wine BUT I’m so excited to share it with you now on the blog!
If there is one recipe you need in your cookie repertoire it’s these chocolate brownie cookies. These cookies are like brownies in cookie form!
And a super secret ingredient that balances out the chocolate?! ESPRESSO! You can also use finely ground coffee if needed.
Chocolate Brownie Cookie Ingredients:
Chocolate: Use semi-sweet chocolate chips for these brownie cookies.
Flour: All purpose flour is the best to use for this recipe.
Ground Espresso or Coffee: The ‘secret’ ingredients helps balance out all of the chocolate flavour.
Cocoa Powder: Adds to the chocolatey goodness.
Sugars: Using both brown and white (granulated) sugar for this cookie recipe.
Egg: Helps with the fudgy, brownie texture to bind this cookie together.
Butter: Unsalted butter is the way to go.
Salt: Fine table salt works best in this recipe.
Fudgy Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1 sheet pan
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp finely ground espresso or coffee
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl stir together cocoa powder, all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and espresso powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together melted butter, brown sugar & white sugar until combined. Then whisk in egg, oil and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
- To the wet ingredients add the dry ingredients, stirring until combined & a cookie dough forms. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoonfuls of cookie dough per cookie & drop on the prepared baking sheet, spacing the dough about 2 inches apart. You will get about 14-16 cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are set & the middle is still a bit gooey. Cool the cookies for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack.
Soft, chewy and decadent; it’s hard to just enjoy one of these chocolate brownie cookies.
How to best enjoy these brownie cookies
- Classically with a cup of milk of choice!
- For dessert paired with a glass of wine like Hello Someday Crossroads Red Wine.
- With a cup of coffee as an afternoon treat.
- Cook a batch to give away as a Valentine’s Day gift.
- Freeze a batch for up to a month and have a cookie at the ready anytime!
More chocolate recipes to love from the blog:
Happy baking friends!
Until the next cooking adventure,