Add this Easy Summer Tortellini Pasta Salad to your dinner menu!
Packed with bright and fresh ingredients like peas, arugula and fresh herbs, every bite is delightful.
Make this for an easy summer dinner or pack it up for a picnic!
This recipe is not your typical pasta salad; it’s light and fresh with a lovely lemon and oregano vinaigrette. It’s like summer in a bowl!
What makes this recipe even better is it’s simplicity; it truly comes together in under 25 minutes. And that’s why it’s a part of my Simple Summer Series!
Everything You’ll Need to Make this Easy Summer Tortellini Pasta Salad
Cheese Tortellini: Fresh or frozen cheese tortellini works best in this salad.
Green Peas: Use fresh peas or simply defrost frozen peas.
Arugula: Fresh, crisp arugula adds a nice bite to this pasta salad.
Parmesan Cheese: Adds a bit of saltiness and creaminess to the dish.
Fresh Herbs: Parsley and basil are the best mix of herbs to complement all of the other flavours.
Garlic: A flavour booster in the salad dressing.
Olive Oil: The base of the pasta salad vinaigrette.
Lemon: Lemon juice is the other key ingredient in the dressing and brightens up the entire dish!
Dried Oregano: Brings the dressing flavours together.
Salt & Pepper: Always key ingredients in any recipe.
Easy Summer Tortellini Pasta Salad
Easy summer tortellini pasta salad with fresh herbs, arugula, peas, parmesan and a divine lemon oregano dressing. A simple dinner or take on a picnic!
- 350-450 g fresh or frozen cheese tortellini about 12-16oz tortellini
- 1 cup peas, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (parsley and basil)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed fresh arugula
Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch ground pepper
Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
Make the dressing by whisking or shaking in a jar the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Place the cooked tortellini in a large mixing bowl. Add peas, herbs, shredded parmesan cheese and arugula. If you're making this ahead of time, leave out the arugula and mix it in just before serving.
Drizzle with the lemon oregano vinaigrette and stir until ingredients are well coated.
Serve cold or at room temperature. The salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
In every bite of this salad you get the freshness from the peas and arugula; the creaminess of the tortellini and parmesan cheese; and the brightness of the herbs and lemon from the dressing.
Tips to make the best pasta salad
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions; when it floats to the top it’s done. You don’t want to overcook the pasta.
- If you’re making this dish ahead of time, to take somewhere or for dinner on the same day, add in all the ingredients except the arugula. Toss the arugula in just before serving so it stays nice and crisp.
How to enjoy this easy pasta salad
- Picnic – So simple to pack for a picnic!
- Barbecue or Potluck – A delicious side dish for any barbecue or potluck.
- Easy Lunch or Weeknight Dinner – Make ahead of time and mix in the arugula just before serving.
Stay tuned for more simple summer recipes!
More summer salad recipes to love from the blog:
Until the next cooking adventure,