Let’s kick summer off with a fresh twist on one of my favourite cocktails with this Minty Cucumber Lime Sangria!
I love to entertain in the summer and create fun cocktails for when we have company over. This sangria hits all the right notes as it’s easy to make for a party or group and has a ton of fresh flavours.
It’s fun to mix together different fruit combinations (and in this case vegetables) to come up with new and fresh sangria flavours.
It’s such an EASY cocktail to make for the summer months, especially when you’re entertaining and it would also be lovely for a wedding shower!
The cucumber and mint adds a refreshing twist for a summertime sangria, and the lime brightens up the entire drink.
Minty Cucumber Lime Sangria
- large pitcher
- 1/2 english cucumber, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling water
- 1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- mint leave & cucumber slices for garnish
- To a pitcher add cucumber slices, sliced lime, mint leaves, gin and sparkling water. Using a wooden spoon, gently muddle the ingredients a few times and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add the bottle of wine to the pitcher, stir and then serve over ice.
- Garnish with more mint leaves and cucumber slices if desired.
- Want a sweeter sangria? Try using a Moscato wine.
- Want a bubblier sangria? Try using a bottle of Prosecco.
- Want to make this a non-alcoholic drink? Swap the wine for more bubbly water.
The final piece to this summertime sangria is the Sauvignon Blanc wine which goes lovely with all of the other flavours and is wonderfully sparkly!
So, when you’re entertaining this summer whip up a batch of this Minty Cucumber Lime Sangria and enjoy whilst basking in the sunshine!
Love sangria!? Try this Berry Rhubarb Kombucha Sangria that’s made with rosé during the summer months too!
Until the next cooking adventure,